SURF TOURS & COACHING ON THE NORTH SHORE OF OAHU – FOR ALL LEVELS OF SURFERS!
If you are looking to improve your surfing skills or just have someone to help you catch more waves while providing you with safety in the water, this program is for you.
This is not a surf lesson for total beginners!
Surfers must know how to surf in order to sign up to this tour, which means you need to know how to paddle, catch waves, and to stand up on your own. This surf experience is for the intermediate surfer who wants to be brought up to the next level. You will be challenged to the best surf breaks on the North Shore of Oahu.
This guided tour & coaching is offered on the North Shore only during the surf season (October to May)
SURF COACHING: TO INCREASE YOUR WAVE COUNT
- Correct positioning in the take off zone
- Wave selection
- Energy conservation
- Increase confidence in bigger surf
- Feel safer in the ocean
GUIDED SURF TOUR: NORTH SHORE
- An evaluation of your level and preferred wave style
- Guidance to the most appropriate surf spots for you
- Explanation of the secrets to each spot based on the swell size, period, and direction
- In-water coaching to help you choose the most appropriate surf break for your level and comfort zone
OCEAN SAFETY: HOW TO HANDLE BIG SURF
Prior to getting in the water, site condition assessment and a safety briefing will be provided covering the following topics:
- Identify hazards
- Water entry and exit
- Using channels and avoiding rip currents
- Where to sit and wait for the waves
- How to be safe in the water
Some basic knowledge in regards to breathing and breath hold will be shared in order to:
- Increase oxygen levels in the body
- Improve performance
- Control anxiety when you are experiencing a wipe out or long hold down
2 hour surf session
Surfboards are not provided but it can be arranged for rentals.
Professional surf photography can be arranged upon request.
YOUR INSTRUCTOR: RICARDO TAVEIRA
Ricardo Taveira, Owner of @hawaiiecodivers
Padi Master Diver Trainer
Apnea & Surf Survival Instructor
EFR – CPR & AED Instructor at American Red Cross
Big wave surfer with 30 years of surfing experience
The instructor, Ricardo Taveira is a big wave surfer with over 30 years of surfing experience. He teaches the Apnea & Surf Survival course, a breathing, breath hold and surf survival course that helps surfers to improve their watermen skills in Hawaii and around the world.
We work with the most renowned Hawaiian and Brazilian shapers on the North Shore. We will indicate the right equipment for all types of wave conditions for the best performance in the water.